This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Committed, CRIS: Replace calls to abort.
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- To: zack at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 22:07:54 +0200
- Subject: Re: Committed, CRIS: Replace calls to abort.
> From: Zack Weinberg <email@example.com>
> Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:49:05 -0700
> Hans-Peter Nilsson <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > I didn't like the proposed wholesale conversion to gcc_assert and
> > gcc_unreachable (*all* sanity checking being #definable out), so here's
> > what I committed.
> Once again: the whole point of this exercise was to make it possible
> to define out all sanity checking; this was discussed to death, and
> agreed upon.
You got the "agreed" bit wrong.
> when Nathan originally proposed the patch; please
What bits to keep sanity-testing in the port is a port-local
decision. Though I'm not really interested in arguing the