This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR target/19933 and PR target/21315
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Bruce <bkorb at gnu dot org>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 13:42:57 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR target/19933 and PR target/21315
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, 12 May 2005, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> * inclhack.def: New fixes solaris_math_[1-10].
> * fixincl.x: Regenerate.
> * tests/base/iso/math_c99.h: New.
NAN should expand to use __builtin_nanf not __builtin_nan, as its value is
meant to be of type float.
The bypasses look overly specific to me (presuming the precise form of a
future header will mention __GNUC__ on the line before a particular
definition). As they are all for the benefit of a hypothetical future
header, I'd rather they just all bypassed on __GNUC__ and then if a future
Solaris version does get released with some but not all cases fixed then
the testcases you add should detect this and the bypasses can be refined
Joseph S. Myers http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
firstname.lastname@example.org (personal mail)
email@example.com (CodeSourcery mail)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Bugzilla assignments and CCs)