This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gfortran] ping patch PR fortran/19362
- From: Tobias Schlüter <tobias dot schlueter at physik dot uni-muenchen dot de>
- To: François-Xavier Coudert <Francois-Xavier dot Coudert at lcp dot u-psud dot fr>
- Cc: gfortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, patch <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 19:10:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: [gfortran] ping patch PR fortran/19362
- References: <4281C652.email@example.com>
François-Xavier Coudert wrote:
> We have a nice patch for PR fortran/19362 that has been waiting for a long
> time: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-01/msg00761.html
> Could someone review it? I propose a testcase to go with it, since the
> original patch did not include one.
While the patch will certainly make things work, I don't know how we're
dealing with types well enough to tell if it isn't working around another bug
someplace else and I therefore don't think I can approve it.
What I'm worried about is that we have to determine in the frontend that the
assignment is indeed legal, so I don't see why we should build two different
types at all.