This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: i386.h fix for 4.0 branch (pr16888 fallout)
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org,James E Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>,Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 17:49:35 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: i386.h fix for 4.0 branch (pr16888 fallout)
- References: <200505111538.j4BFcbX4016972@earth.phy.uc.edu>
On Wed, 11 May 2005, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> On the powerpc side with respect with altivec, it has always recomened
> that you put the altivec code in a seperate file and only enable altivec
> for that file.
Yeah, that's the canonical (albeit a bit feeling like a work-around)
solution for this problem. Question is, if a change requiring this should
be done on a release branch?
(It should also be noted, that now configure tests detect no mmx/sse
capability anymore, as the authors of them were lazy and did not add
options like -mmmx)