This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [wwwdocs] gcc-4.1/changes.html: Mention optimizer improvements.
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, dberlin at dberlin dot org, law at redhat dot com, jakub at redhat dot com, gerald at pfeifer dot com
- Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 17:19:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: [wwwdocs] gcc-4.1/changes.html: Mention optimizer improvements.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com><20050429001253.GD31169@topo.toronto.redhat.com>
* Diego Novillo:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 12:17:44AM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
>> For example, in the following loop, is the call to do_something
>> optimized away?
> It isn't now because VRP is not being aggressive enough, but
> nothing is stopping it from growing more brains in that
If this is implemented, such a change should be definitely mentioned
in the changelog, and developers should be encouraged to compile with
-fwrapv. Some ways to prevent buffer overflows through overflow in
signed integer arithmetic no longer work once VRP is more