This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: Fix PR tree-optimization/21407
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 22:46:25 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: Fix PR tree-optimization/21407
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 22:15 -0400, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> We pass the address of a derived class to the a call, then upcast it
> back to the base class, effectively giving you the structure which
> wasn't passed. You can't do something like this in C, luckily :).
> Thus, we can only assume things about address of a structure field when
> their is not inheritance involved in the thing we are taking the address
> Thus, a TYPE_BINFO check is necessary on the thing whose address if
> being taken.
> Where do we put execute test cases for C++? There is no g
> ++.torture/execute or anything of the sort, and I don't see any.
Sigh, i forgot to add that this was regtested and bootstrapped on