This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libtool max_cmd_len bits
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 23:24:35 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: libtool max_cmd_len bits
- References: <ED583D68-A7DD-11D9-9722-003065BDF310@apple.com>
On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Mike Stump wrote:
> This pulls some bits from libtool to update lt_cv_sys_max_cmd_len... this
> improves -m64 multilib builds of libjava on darwin8 by enabling it to build in
> one step.
> +if test -n $lt_cv_sys_max_cmd_len ; then
This use of "test" without quoted argument ($lt_cv_sys_max_cmd_len may be
empty at this point) causes problems configuring with those shells which
exit after "test: argument expected". Those shells are buggy but the
configure script still shouldn't be invoking test with just "-n" as its
argument; $lt_cv_sys_max_cmd_len should be quoted.
Joseph S. Myers http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
email@example.com (personal mail)
firstname.lastname@example.org (CodeSourcery mail)
email@example.com (Bugzilla assignments and CCs)