This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Backport input file to GCC libtool
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 17:15:53 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Backport input file to GCC libtool
- References: <200505040143.j441hKo27020@makai.watson.ibm.com>
David Edelsohn wrote:
The appended patch backports functionality from CVS libtool to
invoke the linker with a list of object files if the command line is too
long. This is necessary for libgfortran to link reliably on AIX and will
speed up linking libjava if there are too many object file to fit on the
This patch has been bootstrapped successfully on
powerpc-ibm-aix126.96.36.199 and powerpc64-linux. This also has been tested
with max_cmd_len artificially set to a small value to force the
functionality to be tested.
Okay for mainline and 4.0?
Yes, assuming no objections from Alexandre within a day or so.