This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: vararg calls with libffi on x86_64
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Degert <ad at papyrus-gmbh dot de>
- Cc: Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 04 May 2005 10:00:31 -0600
- Subject: Re: vararg calls with libffi on x86_64
- References: <E1DRZei-0000Tcemail@example.com>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Andreas" == Andreas Degert <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Andreas> In the libffi README is a note that vararg functions are not supported
Andreas> yet. Anyhow, they work on x86 nevertheless, and the appended patch
Andreas> makes them work on x86_64 too.
If we're going to support varargs on some platforms, it would be
great to have the README updated to explain how this is to be used.
That way other ports could converge on the same model, the user can
know what to expect, etc. Also, it might be nice to have a
per-config #define so that users of libffi can tell whether the
particular support supports varargs.