This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] config.gcc: Obsolete c4x.
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: joel dot sherrill at OARcorp dot com
- Cc: Ralf Corsepius <ralf dot corsepius at rtems dot org>, Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>,GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, m dot hayes at elec dot canterbury dot ac dot nz, Svein Seldal <Svein at dev dot seldal dot com>
- Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 08:53:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] config.gcc: Obsolete c4x.
- References: <email@example.com> <42702A83.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <42777BC9.2050909@OARcorp.com>
Joel Sherrill <joel@OARcorp.com> wrote:
The sad relatity is that there is not an active maintainer for the c4x
but at the same time, this target got obsoleted too late in the release
process for what is really a regression from 3.4.x to 4.x which no one
wanted to fix.
I will also certainly say that if there is consensus that we should
resurrect this port, then we should do so. I'm not stubbornly about
killing it. A possible compromise would be to bring it back on the 4.0
branch only, and see if anyone fixes it before 4.1.