This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR c++/14755
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: roger at eyesopen dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:40:09 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR c++/14755
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <20040331162916.GD514@sunsite.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
Jakub Jelinek wrote:
This bug marked as critical has been introduced by the
2004-03-08 Roger Sayle <email@example.com>
* fold-const.c (fold) <EQ_EXPR>: Rewrite optimization to transform
"foo++ == const" into "++foo == const+incr".
The masking is only correct for TREE_UNSIGNED (TREE_TYPE (varop)), otherwise
it needs sign extension to the bit fields precision.
Fixed thusly, ok to commit if bootstrap/regression testing succeeds?
Ok for 3.4/3.3 as well?