This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] speedup find_reg_note
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:47:06 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] speedup find_reg_note
- References: <5EB571D6-820C-11D8-99F1-000393A6D2F2@physics.uc.edu> <email@example.com>
On Mar 30, 2004, at 03:15, Zack Weinberg wrote:
Andrew Pinski <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
I noticed for some reason the loop in find_reg_note
was not being unswitch so I decided to manually unswitch
the loop so this patch does that.
Bootstrapped and tested on powerpc-apple-darwin with no regression.
Not with no evidence - please post code size and performance
Size differences between 124 to 92 bytes (note this is without
Speed is about .1% (PR8361 at -O3 from 57.19 to 57.11), this is with
turned on still.