This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Fix handling of BIT_FIELD_REFs and VECTOR_TYPEs.
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>,Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:00:52 -0500
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Fix handling of BIT_FIELD_REFs and VECTOR_TYPEs.
- References: <20040322151602.GA13124@fencepost> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mar 22, 2004, at 10:38 AM, Diego Novillo wrote:
On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 10:16, Bonzini wrote:
Hmm, get_expr_operands already handles BIT_FIELD_REFs. Do you have a
* tree-alias-common.c (find_func_aliases): Handle
MODIFY_EXPRs where the first operand is a BIT_FIELD_REF.
* tree-simple.c: Document that a BIT_FIELD_REF is a
valid GIMPLE lvalue.
(is_gimple_reg_type): A VECTOR_TYPE does not behave like
* tree-ssa-operands.c (get_expr_operands): Glob references
made through BIT_FIELD_REF.
* tree-ssa.c (set_is_used): Go through BIT_FIELD_REFs.
failing test case? If we are not handling them like VOPs now, we
be failing tests.
Though even though that part may be wrong, the tree-alias-common part
is most likely correct.
It just didn't happen that i had a testcase where we had a
BIT_FIELD_REF on the LHS.