This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch: trunc/fix cleanups
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: rth at redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 11:31:52 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: patch: trunc/fix cleanups
- References: <20040219175924.GA1476@redhat.com>
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
> [As discussed on IRC]
> In tracking down a bug in ppc-e500, I ran into can_fix_p. It looks
> like the fix patterns won't work unless ftrunc patterns exist for the
> machine description. This isn't documented anywhere. Luckily, only
> 68k and mmix suffer from this.
No, that's wrong, MMIX doesn't suffer. It has "fix_truncdfdi2"
and "ftruncdf2". If I misunderstood you, please clarify so I
can fix whatever needs fixing.
> (What most of these back-ends want is fixuns_trunc* anyway)
It has "fixuns_truncdfdi2" too.