This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bad choices by expand_mult_highpart
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:35:54 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: Bad choices by expand_mult_highpart
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> * expmed.c (choose_mult_variant, expand_mult_const): New, split from...
> (expand_mult): ...here.
> (extract_high_half): New, split out from expand_mult_highpart.
> (expand_highpart_optab): Likewise. Don't clobber target prematurely.
> (expand_highpart): Evaluate the cost of a shift/add sequence,
> then see if any of the specialized optabs are cheaper.
Ok for mainline.