This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] More aggressive --gc-sections
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- Cc: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at act-europe dot fr>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:27:27 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] More aggressive --gc-sections
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <email@example.com>, Ian Lance Taylor writes:
>> If you wanted to improve the long term maintainability of this code as
>> well as its compatibility with non-GC'd code you could put the special
>> GC related relocations into their own special section from the main
>To clarify: don't use ELF relocations at all. Instead, put the
>required information in a special section. That way the information
>can be backend-independent. (You can use the ELF relocation format if
>you like, but something other format would probably be fine too).
Precisely. Thanks for clarifying.