This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] GCSE: Changing PARAM_MAX_GCSE_PASSES to 2.
- From: Mostafa Hagog <MUSTAFA at il dot ibm dot com>
- To: David Ung <davidu at mips dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:50:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] GCSE: Changing PARAM_MAX_GCSE_PASSES to 2.
email@example.com wrote on 12/03/2004 17:00:09:
> I think changing the max number of gcse passes to be greater than one
> may be beneficial. Consider this little example:
Theoretically this is correct but it is always a trade-off between compile
time and performance gain. To support this observation; while working on
gcse-las optimization, setting the gcse maximum passes to 3 show