This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Make handling of toplevel configure arguments autoconfy
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 23:40:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: Make handling of toplevel configure arguments autoconfy
- References: <20040317103954.GA15735@fencepost>
- Reply-to: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 05:39:54AM -0500, Bonzini wrote:
> +[ --with/--without-gnu-ld Control building of GNU ld in a combined tree])
> +[ --with/--without-gnu-as Control building of GNU as in a combined tree])
> +[ --with/--without-newlib Control building of newlib in a combined tree])
> # Default to using --with-stabs for certain targets.
> +[ --with/--without-stabs Control usage of the STABS debug info format])
Only the non-default option should be listed in --help output. So, either
--with, or --without, but not both.
Behind everything some further thing is found, forever; thus the tree behind
the bird, stone beneath soil, the sun behind Urth. Behind our efforts, let
there be found our efforts.
- Ascian saying, as related by Loyal to the Group of Seventeen