This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to capitalise or mark up "gcc", "g++" etc.
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm at polyomino dot org dot uk>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:27:41 -0800
- Subject: Re: Patch to capitalise or mark up "gcc", "g++" etc.
On Sunday, March 14, 2004, at 02:32 PM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
One category of changes found in the changes from the printed manual
is fixing lowercase "gcc", "g++" to use uppercase or appropriate
Ick! I don't like G++, the name of the program is g++, always has
been, always will be. gcc, the package changed from gcc to GCC, but
that is different and refers to the package. The program gcc is still
spelled gcc. g77 is in the same boat as g++.