This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: PR 8757
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Miloslav Trmac <mitr at volny dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:56:38 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR 8757
- References: <20040316134235.GC5868@chrys.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 02:42:35PM +0100, Miloslav Trmac wrote:
> The attached patch changes splay_tree_key and splay_tree_value from
> "unsigned long" to "void *".
This doesn't help, really.
> ! splay_tree_remove (pbi->reg_cond_dead, (splay_tree_key)regno);
This is now going to warn about "cast from integer to pointer of
different size", for 32-bit unsigned int and 64-bit pointer.
What is needed is to use intptr_t from <stdint.h> if available,
or deduce one via configure if not.