This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 11706 vs ([lno] Canonical iv creation)
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- Cc: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Guenther <rguenth at tat dot physik dot uni-tuebingen dot de>
- Date: 12 Mar 2004 21:01:48 +0100
- Subject: Re: 11706 vs ([lno] Canonical iv creation)
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <20040312013916.GA9757@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz><4051E864.email@example.com>
Paolo Carlini <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| Hi again,
| finally, I have been able to actually test the the new pass on the code
| we care about. The current assembler, is simply *astonishing*.
Fixing the problem at the _right place_ helps emitting good
executable in much broader situations, instead of damaging random
places in the library.
I bet there are other places where this improvement will be far
noticeable. I conjecture that very soon, we will not be afraid of
using right abstractions through the library instead of trying to
hide defects in the compiler.