This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: rs6000 geu/ltu patterns
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 16:22:33 -0500
- Subject: Re: rs6000 geu/ltu patterns
- References: <20040308131622.GO18129@bubble.modra.org>
I guess in the short-run, if GCC does generate those comparisons,
we need your proposed patch as an optimization. We really don't want GCC
to generate the actual comparison, assuming GCC generates something
stupid if zero is rejected.
In the long run, GCC should optimize this in a machine-independent
way. Tree-SSA may do better.