This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Bug inline-asm/6162] [3.3 regression] i386 asm reloader ice in reload_cse_simplify_operands
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 05 Mar 2004 17:35:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Bug inline-asm/6162] [3.3 regression] i386 asm reloader ice in reload_cse_simplify_operands
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com>
Ian Lance Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| Here is the patch for PR inline-asm/6162 in the 3.3 branch.
| This is different from the version in mainline (and 3.4) in that I
| have omitted the lines
| else if (!this_insn_is_asm)
| abort ();
| Those lines ensure that no code in gcc tries to use multiple pairs of
| commutative operands. That is a good sanity check for mainline, but I
| don't think it serves a useful purpose in the 3.3 branch, and it would
| introduce the possibility of an unexpected regression on some obscure
| OK to check into the 3.3 branch?