This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH:[darwin] fix load of a misaligned double word
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at desire dot geoffk dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:38:13 +1030
- Subject: Re: PATCH:[darwin] fix load of a misaligned double word
- References: <OF70C30FAC.BBBD64EA-ONC1256E44.0020862B@de.ibm.com> <20040227020412.GL795@bubble.modra.org> <20040227064216.GN795@bubble.modra.org> <20040227071609.GO795@bubble.modra.org> <20040305012619.GC22106@bubble.modra.org> <200403050231.i252V3fg013901@desire.geoffk.org>
On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 06:31:03PM -0800, Geoff Keating wrote:
> no excuse for throwing up your hands and saying "I can't work out how
> to change reload, so I will hack around it."
Wrong assumption. Rude too. I can work out how to change reload. It's
not that difficult, just more work. Also, changes to reload might break
> It is not helpful to say that "at the moment, reload does X, then it
> does Y, and then Z happens, and this produces bad result AA." My
> reaction is always going to be "well, then make it not do X, not do Y,
> or make Z not happen, and then you won't get AA."
Not helpful, eh? Oh the irony! You have the effrontery to suggest that
I should do more work to fix a bug that shows up on *your* target!
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre