This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Very simple constant propagation (revisited)
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Cc: ctice at apple dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:55:15 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Very simple constant propagation (revisited)
- References: <20040303080931.GA3392@fencepost>
On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 03:09:31AM -0500, Bonzini wrote:
> If the patch goes in, I would prefer if you added the constant
> propagation code to combine_simplify_rtx in combine.c. There is no need
> to clutter simplify_binary_operation.
On the contrary, combine.c should lose all its simplification code
to simplify-rtx.c. Slowly.