This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Fix debug/14328
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 02 Mar 2004 14:39:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix debug/14328
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <200403010411.i214BJGq003363@sirius.codesourcery.com>
Mark Mitchell <email@example.com> writes:
| This patch fixes a problem with the representation of enumeration
| constants emitted by GCC. In particular, GCC failed to recognize that
| all enumeration constants are signed from the point of view of DWARF
| 2. As a result, we tried to emit short representations of unsigned
| constants, but the debugger interpreted those as having negative
| Tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu by compiling the test case in the PR,
| applied as obvious on the 3.4 branch and on the mainline.
Applied to gcc-3_3-branch too.