This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] genrecog.c: Simplify comparisons against small constantsin insn-recog.c.
- From: Richard Guenther <rguenth at tat dot physik dot uni-tuebingen dot de>
- To: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 00:13:19 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [patch] genrecog.c: Simplify comparisons against small constantsin insn-recog.c.
> On Jan 30, 2004, at 2:44 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:
> It would also be nice if we could somehow mark the const_int_rtx array
> as const or unchanging once initialized?
> I can't think of any way.
>No. People ask us for this all the time, and there's no way to do it.
>It used to work to declare it non-const in the file where it's
>const everywhere else (including the header file), but that was always
>nonstandard and stopped working around gcc 3.0. A missing feature
>in the languages.
Like accessing it through
const rtx * const const_const_int_rtx = const_int_rtx;
? But I must be missing something...