This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: New Optimization: Partitioning hot & cold basic blocks
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>, Caroline Tice <ctice at apple dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:47:35 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: New Optimization: Partitioning hot & cold basic blocks
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <20040129233453.GA10912@redhat.com>, Richard Henderson writes:
>> In fact, if you have linker support, you only need to assume it's as
>> large as the code section of a single relocatable object, and rely on
>> the linker to place trampolines in the right places ...
>This isn't very common. AFAIK, only PPC64 and IA64 do this.