This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ patch] Fix thunk emitting code
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:06:04 -0800
- Subject: Re: [C++ patch] Fix thunk emitting code
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <20040128141026.GR8094@kam.mff.cuni.cz>
Jan Hubicka wrote:
While trying to save memory, tree-optimize release DECL_ARGUMENTS list. This
breaks C++ frontend that still needs argument list to produce thunks. This
happens to worky only because we don't release the memory when inlining due to
bug, but passing -fno-inline causes several testsuite faiulres.
I am going to fix the tree-optimize bug next, so this will reproduce
more easilly then.
OK for mainline/branch?
I'd meant to look at that for another reason -- the thunks should come
before the function so that they are more likely to be on the same page
as the function to which control is being transferred.