This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ PATCH] Make parser revert digraph "<:"
- From: "Giovanni Bajo" <giovannibajo at libero dot it>
- To: "Theodore Papadopoulo" <Theodore dot Papadopoulo at sophia dot inria dot fr>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:44:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: [C++ PATCH] Make parser revert digraph "<:"
- References: <200401261519.i0QFJIj0019774@mururoa.inria.fr>
Theodore Papadopoulo wrote:
> If the information was propagated, wouldn't it be possible to use the
> tentative parsing scheme to get it right all the time... Just start
> with the most probable guess and get back to the other possibilities
> when errors are encountered..
Did you *actually* check my patch? This is what I do.
> That being said, for the problem at hand it might be an overkill and
> the scheme has also to be tested when there are other syntax errors
> further in the program.
I appreciate testcases where my patch doesn't work. I tried to excercise every
codepath affected by my modifies, and, as far as I can tell, it works.