This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ PATCH] Make parser revert digraph "<:"
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Theodore Papadopoulo <Theodore dot Papadopoulo at sophia dot inria dot fr>
- Cc: "Giovanni Bajo" <giovannibajo at libero dot it>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 26 Jan 2004 16:22:35 +0100
- Subject: Re: [C++ PATCH] Make parser revert digraph "<:"
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <200401261519.i0QFJIj0019774@mururoa.inria.fr>
Theodore Papadopoulo <Theodore.Papadopoulo@sophia.inria.fr> writes:
| That being said, for the problem at hand it might be an overkill and the
| scheme has also to be tested when there are other syntax errors
| further in the program.
For the problem at hand, we know what the value of the token is. It
is the value of the token '['. The issue is to determine whether it
was spelt '[' or '<:' for diagnostic purpose only. So, it is not a
case where we really have a tentative parsing.