This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix memory leak in std::moneypunct
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:36:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix memory leak in std::moneypunct
- References: <email@example.com>
Andreas Schwab wrote:
Ah! So you found it!
This fixes a memory leak in std::moneypunct, causing
22_locale/locale/cons/12352.cc to crash when running in a non-trivial
locale. Tested on ia64-linux. OK for 3.4 and 3.5?
I didn't remember that monetary_members.cc also contains memory
allocations wrapped in try/catch... and the failure can be reproduced
only with some glibcs.
The patch is ok for 3.4 and 3.5 of course and the try/catch block itself
should be added to 3.3 too since we have already patched all the other
possible causes of memory leaks there too... Are you willing to do that?