This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Workaround more _Bool problems on HP-UX
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: John David Anglin <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:27:20 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Workaround more _Bool problems on HP-UX
> Hmmm, I seem to have stdbool.h on HP-UX 11. I think that these were
> provided by PHSS_24204 and PHSS_24205. I don't have it under HP-UX 10.20.
> Thus, I believe that that HAVE_STDBOOL_H should be defined when bootstrapping
> with a compiler that defines __STDC__. I'm wondering why your changes
> to system.h come into play?
No, I don't have a stdbool.h in /usr/include on my PA system here:
adder% uname -a
HP-UX adder B.11.00 U 9000/785 2011244722 unlimited-user license
adder% what /usr/bin/cc
LINT B.11.11.06 CXREF B.11.11.06
HP92453-01 B.11.11.06 HP C Compiler
$ Sep 8 2000 23:13:51 $
I'm guessing this why were seeing different failures, you're using
the bool in <stdbool.h> and I'm tripping over the bugs in HP's _Bool.
Does the following test case also trigger the failure in your cc?
void foo(_Bool *ptr, _Bool val)
*ptr |= ! val;