This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR7297: Fix size of sjlj's jbuf for MIPS
- From: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:17:23 +0000
- Subject: Re: PR7297: Fix size of sjlj's jbuf for MIPS
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20040120091238.GA4818@redhat.com>
Richard Henderson <email@example.com> writes:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 09:02:44AM +0000, Richard Sandiford wrote:
>> The comments in builtins.c say that __builtin_setjmp() is supposed to
>> take a pointer to 5 words. Going by that, the MIPS version should be
>> in the clear, since it only needs 4. But the sjlj code tries to save
>> a few bytes by using the following type for the jbuf field:
>> /* This is 2 for builtin_setjmp, plus whatever the target requires
>> via STACK_SAVEAREA_MODE (SAVE_NONLOCAL). */
>> tmp = build_int_2 ((GET_MODE_SIZE (STACK_SAVEAREA_MODE (SAVE_NONLOCAL))
>> / GET_MODE_SIZE (Pmode)) + 2 - 1, 0);
> I think it'd be better to just set this to 5.
OK. Does upping the value have no ABI impact?