This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Statistics for varray GGC memory consumption
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:52:51 -0700
- Subject: Re: Statistics for varray GGC memory consumption
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <20040119232939.GA7878@kam.mff.cuni.cz>, Jan Hubicka writes:
>I just killed the old table, but I am attaching new one, where I am half
>way pusing varrays back to MALLOCed memory.
Ugh. I really wouldn't spend a lot of time doing that. As I stated before,
there is a pending design change which would significantly reduce the
amount of varrays and hash tables we maintain in the dominator optimizer.
Plus there's some trivial changes which could be made which would reduce
the silly growing simply by not using varrays in the first place for a
fixed length array.
Let's fix those things before we start mucking around with how varrays