This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: Emit unwind information for Thumb
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org,rearnsha at arm dot com, nickc at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:37:33 -0500
- Subject: Re: RFA: Emit unwind information for Thumb
- References: <20040119205423.GA24958@nevyn.them.org> <20040119213420.GI20347@redhat.com>
On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 01:34:20PM -0800, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 03:54:24PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> >m This patch implements one of my suggestions from gcc@ a week or two ago:
> > rather than converting Thumb prologue generation to RTL, which would be a
> > fragile and dubiously useful proposition, I simply generate a
> > REG_FRAME_RELATED_EXPR sequence to describe the text sequence. This
> > required adding support for CODE_LABELs in frame-related SEQUENCE rtl, since
> > the unwind information describes multiple instructions that need to be
> > described separately.
> Why don't you call into the dwarf2 frame generation routines directly,
> as we do with other targets that emit prologues as text (e.g. m68k)?
Cause I completely failed to notice that it was possible? Patch
withdrawn in favor of an obviously superior approach. I'll redo it
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer