This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ PATCH] [PR13086] Clarification of diagnostic on delete ofan incomplete type (regression on 3.3/trunk)
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: "Giovanni Bajo" <giovannibajo at libero dot it>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:23:19 -0500
- Subject: Re: [C++ PATCH] [PR13086] Clarification of diagnostic on delete ofan incomplete type (regression on 3.3/trunk)
- References: <101701c3db64$38157a10$34b82997@bagio>
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:36:37 +0100, "Giovanni Bajo" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> incomplete1.C:19: note: the generated code will not work, unless the class does
> not have a destructor nor a delete operator.
"will not work" is too vague. Either say the behavior is undefined and
use the term "non-trivial destructor" (standardese) or say that neither a
destructor nor operator delete will be called.