This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [lno][patch] vectorizer updates
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Hartmut Penner <HPENNER at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: dorit at il dot ibm dot com, pop at gauvain dot u-strasbg dot fr, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:32:08 -0800
- Subject: Re: [lno][patch] vectorizer updates
- References: <OFE7A439A7.36BBD7F4-ONC1256E1C.002CF1B8-C1256E1C.002DEE0F@de.ibm.com>
On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 09:21:40AM +0100, Hartmut Penner wrote:
> Look at altivec-varargs-1.c. Check is done by catching the SIGILL on ppc
> targets without vector unit.
Heh. Might be easier on x86 as well. Of course, there the problem
is you would want to check that enabling SSE1 didn't accidentally
generate SSE2 instructions...