This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] lower complex operations
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Brian Booth <bbooth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:29:32 -0500
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] lower complex operations
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <20040114083937.GA16912@twiddle.net>
On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 03:39, Richard Henderson wrote:
> Thinking about this while testing was underway, I'm wondering if it
> might be best, actually, to do this lowering from directly from dom1.
> This would reuse the value number that we've already done, as well
> as avoid yet another pass over the function. Thoughts, Jeff?
I'd prefer a clean separation between lowering and optimization. Unless
the change to DOM isn't too convoluted and the cost savings are