This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Block merging (updated)
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>, Steven Bosscher <s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:19:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Block merging (updated)
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <20040113200610.GC4649@kam.mff.cuni.cz>, Jan Hubicka writes:
>> Why bother. Just leave the label in the stream. It's not the end of
>> the world.
>It create artifical basic block boundary, that was the reason for
>DELETED_LABEL idea in RTL. I guess it is not big deal when most of
>optimizers are trivially global.
I would expect the tree-ssa optimizers to largely not be affected by
the artificial block boundaries. Hopefully we won't find ourselves
writing block-local optimizers.
RTL is of course different as it has numerous block-local optimizers and
is thus affected more by artificial block bounadries.