This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Block merging (updated)
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: "Zack Weinberg" <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>, Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>, Steven Bosscher <s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:00:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Block merging (updated)
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <email@example.com>, "Zack Weinberg" writes:
>> I didn't say we have [preserved user labels] forever. I said it is
>> policy. There is a subtle, but important difference.
>Perhaps it is time to reexamine this policy.
Then reexamine it for GCC as whole -- we're certainly not going to make
this kind of policy change on tree-ssa unless GCC as a whole buys into
the policy change.
In the mean time, I'd like to see Zdenek's patch adhere to current
policies and get installed. If we choose to change policy in the future,
then we can simply remove special casing blocks headed by user defined labels
in Zdenek's code and elsewhere in GCC.