This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Block merging (updated)
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Cc: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>,Steven Bosscher <s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl>,<gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:06:50 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Block merging (updated)
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> >here is the patch. Btw., why is it so crucial to preserve these labels?
> It's been policy for over a decade to not delete user labels.
I might point out that "we have done this forever" never is a good reason
or explanation. We also optimize out unreferenced variables, so certainly
it feels more natural to not special case labels. So are there real
reasons, or just the above?