This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Trivial, avoid gratuitous incompatibility with byacc
- From: "Zack Weinberg" <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: espie at nerim dot net
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdr at integrable-solutions dot net
- Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:04:19 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Trivial, avoid gratuitous incompatibility with byacc
- References: <20040112214947.GA19095@tetto.gentiane.org>
Marc Espie <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I found this while building gcc 3.3.2 on OpenBSD.
> byacc works like bison, so trying to play games with malloc will work
> just as well...
> One patch for head, one patch for the 3.3 branch. This is fairly
> innocuous, and would reduce the amount of diffs in my tree...
> So, if someone can okay this for -head, and if Gaby allows this to be
> in 3.3...
Only bison is supported, and I'm pretty sure we use bison-specific
constructs in HEAD c-parse.in at least.