This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] fold each statement
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, law at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 19:07:01 -0800
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] fold each statement
- References: <20040107221429.GB474@kam.mff.cuni.cz>
On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 11:14:29PM +0100, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> It can't be fully done in remove_useless_* because before SSA folding
> we miss come string simplification;
What do you mean by "ssa folding"? Certainly there are no calls to
fold or fold_stmt from rewrite_into_ssa.
While I agree that it would be nice to do some builtin folding late
in the game, after constant propagation and the like, I don't see
what this has to do with this problem -- that of non-folded trees
coming out of gimplification.
Seems to me that we should fold during remove_useless_*, and then
fold just the builtins once more after (perhaps) ccp.