This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Do alias analysis after SSA. Improvements toPR8361.
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 20:10:02 -0500
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Do alias analysis after SSA. Improvements toPR8361.
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 20:03, Diego Novillo wrote:
> Although the patch adds one additional call to DOM and another to DCE,
> compile times and memory usage are down. For instance, on
> generate-3.4.ii (PR 8361), we are now 8% faster (55s down from 60s) and
> allocate 13% less memory (236Mb down from 270Mb).
I should've used 'top', not -fmem-report. The total memory consumption
is down to 289Mb from 308Mb (6%).