This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa]: Reduce size of phi nodes by 31 bits
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Devang Patel <dpatel at apple dot com>, Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 10:53:30 -0700
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa]: Reduce size of phi nodes by 31 bits
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <20031231000457.GA21855@redhat.com>, Richard Henderson writes:
>On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 02:54:05PM -0800, Devang Patel wrote:
>> Do you think we can steal couple of bits from num_args ?
>I expect. Though if you start stealing too many bits, we'll
>need to add code to verify that we don't overflow.
>It'd be interesting to see what the maximum arity of a phi is
>with various exceedingly large switches or computed gotos.
Before we started factoring computed gotos, I was seeing PHIs with thousands
of arguments in libjava/interpret.cc.