This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Your changes to ada/Make-lang.in and stamp-xgnatug
- From: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at ACT-Europe dot FR>
- To: Kelley Cook <kcook at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:30:56 +0100
- Subject: Your changes to ada/Make-lang.in and stamp-xgnatug
You've introduced a new notion of "committed stamp file" in the CVS
ada directory as part of this change:
2003-12-18 Kelley Cook <email@example.com>
* stamp-xgnatug: New stamp file.
* Make-lang.in (stamp-xgnatug): New stamp file and comment.
(ada/doctools/xgnatug): Add $(build_exeext).
(ada/gnat_ug_unx.texi, ada/gnat_ug_vwx.texi, ada/gnat_ug_vms.texi
ada/gnat_ug_wnt.texi): Update to depend on stamp-xgnatug.
Which means that now the build process will write to the source directory,
at least to change the timestamp of this file, which is incorrect (think
about a read-only source tree).
Could you please find another way to handle this and remove the stamp-xgnatug
file from the CVS repository ? Thanks.