This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Virtual operands in tree-tailcall
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 19:13:37 -0500
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Virtual operands in tree-tailcall
- References: <20040101225841.GA10595@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
On Jan 1, 2004, at 5:58 PM, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
while playing with new loop invariant motion pass,
Just to note, you need to be careful with invariant motion. It's not
always good to hoist everything we can (as it can increase register
It's almost always good to move invariant memory loads/sink invariant
memory stores, though.
I'm just talking about general loop invariants.
In fact, I SPEC'd the loop invariant pass i had written that moved
everything it could, and SPEC got 1-2% worse.