This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [fortran,patch] Full implementation of assign, assigned goto.
- From: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Feng Wang <wf_cs at yahoo dot com>,Steven Bosscher <s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl>,fortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, patch <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 12:07:52 +0000
- Subject: Re: [fortran,patch] Full implementation of assign, assigned goto.
- Organization: CodeSourcery
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Monday 29 December 2003 3:36 am, Feng Wang wrote:
> Sorry for my carelessness. The last patch included three "Only in ..."
> and I forgot to block the else branch in gfc_show_code_node dumping goto
> label list. The patch attached is the newest. Pass the test in ia64-linux.
> More haste, less speed :-) In my Chinese that is "Yu su ze bu da".
I think your optimization of "GOTO foo, (1,2,3)" still needs a bit more
attention. Depending on some tagets it can end up signifinantly slower than a
simple "GOTO foo". I guess using a switch construct rather than multiple IF
statements might help this. Ideally we'd avoid using the label address at