This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC build failed for native with your patch on 2001-12-29T23:23:46Z.
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: dje at watson dot ibm dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 30 Dec 01 17:55:52 EST
- Subject: Re: GCC build failed for native with your patch on 2001-12-29T23:23:46Z.
If you look at the tester logs, the first message which reports a
build error only include Jakub and Rth's patches, not Kenner's. I
have tracked the error to Rth's patch. Please get your facts correct
before you start blaming people.
Let's not personalize it: we're blaming *patches*, not *people*. :-)
However, it does appear that my patch made the IA32 bootstrap problem
worse while it may not have been the source of the AIX problems.
GCC build failed for native with your patch on 2001-12-29T20:44:11Z.
It's a shame the regression tester doesnt make it clear when the *way*
in which a build fails changes. I think having only one bit of
information for builds is much too little.